Saturday, June 20, 2009

kyoto


i'm moving to kyoto! this week i will be going back and forth a bit between kobe and kyoto, and blog posts might be a little sparser than usual.

this image above is a beautiful print by mizu designs, and i agree that these geta perfectly capture the feeling of kyoto, and the sound of the footsteps of women wearing traditional kimono and geta walking down the old streets.

i love kyoto, the beautiful old buildings and traditional crafts, lovely shrines and little shops. i will continue to teach part-time at my conversation school in kobe, and hope to enter kobe university this fall. but i am also looking forward to being able to explore kyoto, and i will share my adventures here, of course!

6 comments:

mizu designs said...

Thanks so much for posting my geta print. You will love living in Kyoto and I am so jealous! Mind you, wouldn't want to do that commute of yours between Kobe and Kyoto though :)

Jagienka said...

Kyoto is fantastic. I'd lived there for 6 months and loved it. Oh I wish I could go back there ...

elisabetha said...

so exciting! kyoto is my absolute favourite city in japan. i look forward to exploring kyoto through you :)

ZenCrafter said...

You are so lucky to be moving to Kyoto! I've just visited there once, but I fell in love with the temples. There is one outside of town that I would love to re-visit. I'll hope to catch a glimpse of it on your blog!

hatjunkie said...

I look forward to your posts. It's like traveling from my chair.

Justin said...

pictures of the new apartment please