Wednesday, December 01, 2010

christmas trees at ikea


last month I made a trip to ikea to get all the cookware and other things to make thanksgiving dinner.

it's the first year I've seen them selling christmas trees, little live ones that 'flat pack' (are tied up so that they are basically just 1 stick). and, if you bring your tree back after christmas, they will give you a voucher for the cost of it.

there are a few wacky japanese 'christmas' 'traditions'; it's nice to see trees. I don't think I'm going to get one, but I'm sure this option makes many foreigners in japan happy. good job, ikea.

1 comment:

liila said...

they did the same thing at the ikea here in seattle this year! rent a christmas tree. we think they use the returned trees to make products that they sell in the store...